My Edible Cookie Dough is one of my favorite recipes, and has been so popular that I decided to make one designed for the road to fuel my energy. These energy balls are perfect for that. No more hangry moments when I’m out and about. One of these fills me up quickly and leaves me satisfied for a few hours.
This recipe has the option of using either almond flour, coconut flour, or a 1:1 combination of both. I definitely prefer the taste with almond flour, but coconut flour is significantly less expensive. It’s completely up to you how you want to make this.
I’ve joined up with an awesome group of bloggers who each put together a vegan post for Veganuary. Check out all of their delicious recipes here:
- Vegan Burrito Bowls with Jackfruit Carnitas by The Baking Fairy
- Baba Ganoush by Lemon Blossoms
- Creamy Vegan Curry Bean Soup by Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Delicata Squash Fries with Chipotle Garlic Dipping Sauce by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Instant Pot Breakfast Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by The Live-In Kitchen
- Instant Pot Chipotle Sofritas by Herbivore Cucina
- Moroccan Eggplant with Chermoula by Caroline’s Cooking
- Roasted Veggies with Satay Peanut Sauce by Hardly A Goddess
- Scrambled Tofu with Sweet Potato & Kale Hash by The Spiffy Cookie
- Vegan Artichoke Hummus by A Day In The Life On The Farm
- Vegan Baked Oats and Vegetable Bites by Cook With Renu
- Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Sandwiches by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Vegan Cannellini Rocket Tortilla Pizza by The Fiery Vegetarian
- Vegan Cookie Dough Energy Balls by Veggie Lexi
- Vegan Cranberry Apple Chickpea Salad by Join Us, Pull Up A Chair
- Vegan Fire-Roasted Tomato and Bean Soup by Blogghetti
- Vegan Khoresh Bademjan by Palatable Pastime
- Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff with Tofu by Simple and Savory
- Vegan Superfood Breakfast Cookies by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Vegan Thai Roasted Carrots with Peanuts by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Vegan Vanilla Chai Oatmeal by Fairyburger
- Vegetable Chettinad (Vegan Spicy Vegetable Curry) by Flavours Treat
- 2/3 scant cup peanut butter* unsalted
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut or almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- First, decide if you’ll be using coconut flour, almond flour, or a combination of the two. Almond flour will taste better, but coconut flour is significantly less expensive.
- Cream together the peanut butter, pure vanilla extract, and maple syrup using either an electric handheld mixer or a stand mixer (this will work if mixed with a spoon, too, you will just need a little extra stirring).
- Add in the flour and salt and mix until combined.
- Add in the vegan chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Roll into 1” balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Have you tried this recipe? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments below!
Vegan Cookie Dough Energy Balls (Vegan, Gluten Free, Oil Free):
*The peanut butter is replaceable with almond butter (or any nut butter or your choice).