Have you ever tried homemade pumpkin soup? It’s the stuff dreams are made of. Truly. It’s savory, sweet, and full of delicious Fall spices. It’s warming, decadent, and an absolute treat. It also takes at least an hour to make once you roast the pumpkin, saute some ingredients, cook the soup, and blend everything together. It’s worth it, but I wondered if it would be possible to get the same experience in a 5 minute soup. Turns out, it is! This soup is everything I want in pumpkin soup, with minimal work. Whip this together when somebody stops by and you’re wanting to impress them with your culinary genius quickly. It’s that good.
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know what you thought in the comments below!
5 Minute Pumpkin Soup (Vegan, Gluten Free, Oil Free, Flour Free):
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons Vegetable Better Than Bouillon
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut cream*
- In a medium pot, bring the water to a boil.
- Add in the bouillon and boil to dissolve.
- Add in the granulated sugar, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, and Kosher salt. Stir and boil for a few seconds, or until everything is dissolved.
- Add in the pumpkin puree and stir to incorporate.
- Add in the coconut cream and stir to incorporate.
*This is the solid portion at the top of a can of full fat coconut milk. You can also buy a can of coconut cream, which will contain only cream. If you can’t find coconut cream for sale and your can of coconut milk does not have any cream in it, I would recommend using 1 cup of full fat coconut milk instead.