I love gravy on just about everything. Sometimes I need a gravy that will come together in a flash and that will still be delicious. That’s where this gravy comes in handy. It’s incredibly quick to pull together and will top off any meal with a delicious savory flavor.
Have you tried this recipe? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments below!
5 Minute Gravy (Vegan, Gluten Free):
- 4 Tablespoons vegan butter* or grapeseed oil
- 4 Tablespoons oat flour or gluten free flour blend
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Better Than Bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat a small pot over medium heat.
- Melt the vegan butter.
- Add in the oat flour and stir with a wooden spoon to create a light roux. The flour and butter should be fully incorporated. If the flour isn’t completely incorporated into the butter, it will react with the water in the next step and make lumpy gravy.
- Add in water and vegetable bouillon.
- Stir constantly while bringing to a boil.
- As soon as it’s reached a boil, reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer for two minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.
*I used Earth Balance Vegan Butter Sticks.