Creamy salad dressings are kind of my jive. I love them so much that I make them at least a few times a week. Normally I don’t worry about following a recipe. I just throw cashews, hemp hearts, or pine nuts in a blender with some water and seasonings and trust that it will turn into creamy salad goodness. This salad dressing is an exception to that. Something about Caesar dressing is so insanely good that I want to be sure I get it right when I make it. I always follow this recipe and I absolutely adore it. For me, this kind of amazing dressing is the difference between a salad as a side dish and a salad as a meal. I hope you love this dressing just as much as I do!
Creamy Vegan Caesar Dressing (Vegan, Gluten Free, Flour Free):
- 3/4 cup raw cashews soaked overnight, drained, and rinsed
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
- Soak the cashews – preferably overnight, or for a minimum of 3 hours.*
- Drain the cashews and rinse.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth.
*If you don’t have time to soak the cashews, you can boil them for 15 minutes instead.