I love these mini cheesecakes. The chocolate pairs so well with the coconut milk and becomes so savory. The crust is so delicious, it’s practically a dessert all on its own. Plus, I love that I can make a beautiful dessert without even having to turn my oven on. Even though this is a frozen treat, I make them any time of the year.
Mini Raw Chocolate Cherry Cheesecakes (Vegan, Gluten Free, Flour Free):
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews soaked overnight, drained, and rinsed*
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 3 Tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/2 cup cherries pitted and diced
- If your dates are dry and flaky, soak them in boiling hot water for 5-10 minutes. Once soaked, squeeze out the excess water. (If your dates are moist and sticky, you can skip this step).
- Blend the dates in your high speed blender or food processor.
- Add the almonds and pecans to your high speed blender or food processor and blend with the dates.**
- Add in the pure vanilla extract and fine sea salt and blend well.
- Add liners to the muffin pan.
- Add mixture to the muffin pan 1 heaping Tablespoon at a time.
- Flatten the crust with your fingers as much possible. Be sure to squeeze it down and fill the bottom all the way to the edge.
- Put the prepared crust in the freezer to set while making the filling.
- Combine soaked raw cashews, coconut milk, maple syrup, coconut, and cacao powder in a blender or food processor.
- Blend for 3-4 minutes until completely smooth.
- Remove crusts from the freezer.
- Pour the filling on top of the crusts so that they are all even.
- Add diced cherries to the top of each cheesecake.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Serve immediately for a frozen treat, or allow to thaw for 10 minutes before serving for a softer consistency.
*If you don’t have time to soak the cashews, you can boil them for 15 minutes instead.
**If you would prefer a finer consistency of the crust, you can blend the nuts separately from the dates before combining them together.