Low-fat Alfredo sauce that’s delicious, easy, and quick!? Oh my gosh, yes, please! I’m so thrilled with this recipe. It’s definitely one of those recipes that allows me to eat a meal that feels decadent, but is actually healthy for me. That is what I call a win.
This sauce is perfect and oh so creamy! It has been a huge hit with plant based eaters and carnivores alike. I’m so happy to be able to share a healthy wholesome Alfredo sauce with all of you. I love serving it with roasted or steamed vegetables and noodles. My favorite noodles to serve it with are bean noodles. They’re packed with protein, taste delicious, and keep me incredibly full and satisfied.
Have you tried this recipe? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments below!
Low Fat Alfredo Sauce (Vegan, Gluten Free, Oil Free, Flour Free):
- 1/2 head cauliflower chopped, about 3 cups
- 1/2 cup cooked white beans
- 1 medium clove garlic* chopped
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup soy milk unsweetened and unflavored
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- Boil the cauliflower until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower and transfer all the ingredients to a high speed blender.
- Blend until completely smooth (about 30 seconds on high).
- Pour over your favorite pasta and vegetables.
*Since there is very little fat in this recipe, the spice of the garlic definitely has a kick if you add too much. If you’re unsure of how much to add, I would start with less, then taste a spoonful of the sauce before adding more. The kick is in the aftertaste, so give it a few seconds after trying it before adding more.