I love avocado! I swear I could eat it with everything. I’ve been really into eating guacamole with slices of cucumber lately – so much lighter and still so tasty. Sometimes I’m in the mood for guacamole, but I’m also craving something a little more substantial. That’s where this avocado salsa comes in. Chunky, hearty, and oh so delicious.
Avocado Salsa (Vegan, Gluten Free, Oil Free, Flour Free):
- 1 avocado halved, pitted, and cut into chunks
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 shallot diced and salted*
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 lime juiced
- Garlic granules to taste optional
- Mix all ingredients together and serve.
- If you didn’t salt the shallot, salt the entire recipe to taste at this stage and mix.
*Allow the shallots to rest with the salt on it for 20 minutes before mixing it in - this creates a chemical reaction so it’s much less “onion-y” in flavor.