Is it really a holiday meal without cranberry sauce? In my house, the answer would be a resounding “No!” Cranberry sauce is one of our favorite holiday treats. It has to be made from scratch, there has to be lots of it, and it has to be delicious. This is our go-to recipe and we absolutely adore it. The lemon juice adds a nice zing to it, and the orange juice and sugar balance out the tartness of the cranberries very well.
Have you tried this recipe? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments below!
Perfect Cranberry Sauce (Vegan, Flour Free):
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 large orange juiced
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 12 ounce bags cranberries
- Combine the water, orange juice, lemon juice, kosher salt, and sugar in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add in the cranberries and stir.
- Lower to a simmer.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until most of the cranberries have burst.
- Cool completely before serving.