Date Caramel Sauce (Vegan, Gluten Free, Oil Free, Flour Free):
- 15-18 medjool dates pitted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk*
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- First, check to see if you’re using soft dates. If they’re dry and hard, soak them in hot water for 20-30 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients (making sure the dates are pitted!) in a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth - you’ll need to blend for at least a few minutes on high speed to get a completely smooth caramel texture.
*Start with 1/2 cup almond milk and add more if needed to get the texture you desire. The amount of almond milk you’ll need depends largely on the size of your dates. If you’re using large dates you’ll likely need more than 1/2 cup.
**This will store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.