Breakfast sandwiches have always been such a favorite of mine. I used to love the days when I would get out the door to school early enough to get a breakfast sandwich on the way. I love that this version is easy to assemble, delicious, and holds together while you’re eating it (no tofu crumbles falling out of your sandwich!).
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know what you thought in the comments below!
Easy Breakfast Sandwich (Vegan, Gluten Free):
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- ½" slice extra firm tofu
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 english muffin gluten free if needed - a bun, bagel, or two slices of bread also works
- 1 slice tomato
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 small handful sprouts
- Toast your sandwich bread of choice.
- Cut the tofu to your desired shape (I used the lid of a mason jar to cut it into a classic circle “egg” shape).
- Heat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add oil to the heated skillet, then add the granulated garlic, onion powder, ground turmeric, and fine sea salt. Stir to mix.
- Place the tofu in the pan and coat on all sides with the oil and spice mixture.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes per side, or until lightly golden brown at the edges and starting to crisp.
- While the tofu is sauteing, assemble the rest of your sandwich. Mash the avocado and place on one piece of bread, then top with sprouts. Add the tofu once it’s ready, top that with tomato, and then the second piece of bread.