I’ve always loved really creamy sauces. Alfredo was always my jive growing up. There are lots of different absolutely incredible vegan Alfredo sauce recipes out there, but this one is so delicious while still being basic, easy, and requiring so few ingredients. You can whip it up while you’re boiling your pasta and have a delicious dinner on the table in no time.
You can use cashews in place of the walnuts if you like. Cashews will make a lighter colored sauce, while the walnuts will have a slight pink tint. I like to use walnuts mostly because they’re more affordable where I live, and the taste is still phenomenal.
Have you tried this recipe? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments below!
Easy Creamy Pasta Sauce (Vegan, Gluten Free, Oil Free, Flour Free):
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt plus more for boiling
- 1 cup water plus more for boiling
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the walnuts for 10 minutes (15 minutes if you don’t have a high speed blender).
- Drain the walnuts. Add the walnuts, nutritional yeast, garlic granules, fine sea salt, and water to a high speed blender.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds, or until completely smooth.