This delicious sauce is kind of the sweet spot for me. Sometimes I love savory foods that are subtly flavored. I don’t know why, but sometimes I just feel like less is more when it comes to flavor. This is one of those sauces. It’s absolutely delicious and full of flavor, but the flavor isn’t overwhelming. It makes it the perfect sauce to pair with things where you really want the flavor of the main ingredient to be the star. I love serving this with my vegan gluten free lentil balls.
Creamy Toasted Onion Dipping Sauce (Vegan, Gluten Free, Oil Free, Flour Free):
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 2 Tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt more to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Gradually increase speed setting to high and blend on high for 30 seconds (or until completely smooth). Scrape down sides and continue blending if necessary.
- Transfer to a small container.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.