If you follow any of my accounts, you probably know that I love potatoes. I mean, I really love them. As much as I love them, sometimes my body is just not in a carby mood (think: the middle of summer). Also, sometimes I’m cooking for people that are eating a low carb diet. These make an awesome side dish to round out a beautiful meal for those occasions. These roasted radishes are beautiful and not only look like red potatoes, they taste incredibly similar as well.
Roasted Radish (Vegan, Gluten Free, Flour Free):
- 2 bunches medium radishes (about 20 radishes) stemmed, washed, dried, and quartered
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Wash and dry the radishes.
- Toss the radishes with olive oil and seasoning in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Transfer the oiled and seasoned radish quarters to an aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring halfway through.*
*You need to roast them for quite a while to help dry them out because radishes have a lot of water weight. If you pull them out too soon, they’ll be cooked, but they’ll be too soft and “radish-y”.
**If you have any vegan Parmesan lying around, I definitely recommend sprinkling some on top for serving! If not, a little seasoning salt or garlic salt will be delicious.