I love how beautiful this recipe turns out. Something about the big slice of cauliflower to have as a centerpiece of the meal always make the finished plate really lovely. It’s delicious and friendly for most any diet (just replace the oil with a little water if you’re cooking for someone on a low fat diet).
Roasted Spicy Lemon Cauliflower Steaks (Vegan, Gluten Free, Flour Free):
- 1 large cauliflower head
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut cauliflower lengthwise through the core into 4 equally thick "steaks."
- Place cauliflower steaks onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Brush 1/2 of the oil mixture on top of the cauliflower steaks.
- Roast cauliflower steaks for 15 minutes.
- Gently turn over each steak (gently!).
- Brush cauliflower steaks with remaining oil mixture.
- Roast until golden (about 15-20 minutes).
*If you're in a curry mood, try substituting the lemon juice and red pepper flakes for 1 Tablespoon of Curry Powder - curry and cauliflower make an amazing combination!