This sauce will take your Sunday brunch to the next level. It is absolutely perfect on top of pancakes and waffles. The sweetness of the fruit is balanced nicely with the zing of the lemon. I most commonly make this as a strawberry sauce, but I also love substituting the strawberries for blueberries and making a blueberry sauce. It is absolutely decadent and delicious either way.
Strawberry Lemon Sauce (Vegan, Gluten Free, Oil Free):
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup plus more to taste
- 1 Tablespoon potato starch
- Add the strawberries, half of the lemon juice, and the maple syrup to the pan and heat over medium heat.
- Mix together remaining lemon juice and starch.
- Add starch mixture to the strawberry mixture in the pan and stir.
- Bring to a light boil.
- Taste and add maple syrup to taste.