I was flipping through recipes and one for Mexican Street Corn caught my eye. I decided to go ahead and make my own plant based version, and it seriously “wow-ed”. This can be served as a snack, a side dish, or even as a main course if you have a few cobs for everyone. This is one of our favorite dinners during corn season. Everyone always wants seconds of this dish, so I definitely recommend you try it out!
Mexican Style Street Corn (Vegan, Gluten Free, Flour Free):
- 5 ears of corn
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 lime juiced
- fine sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Remove husks from corn and discard.
- Wrap corn tightly in aluminum foil.
- Bake wrapped corn on a baking sheet for 30 minutes.
- While the corn is baking, heat the oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Sauté garlic until fragrant (about 1-2 minutes).
- Top corn with sautéed garlic, cilantro, chili flakes, paprika, lime juice, and fine sea salt.
*It adds a beautiful aesthetic and delicious flavor if you char the corn quickly on the grill before baking it.