I love making sushi, but sometimes I don’t feel like going through the process of making the rolls. That’s when this simple delicious dish comes in handy. So wholesome, delicious, and fills the sushi craving without the work of making the rolls. Absolutely simple and perfect!
Simple Sushi Bowl (Vegan, Gluten Free, Oil Free, Flour Free):
- 2 rice cups uncooked short grain glutinous rice*
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon grapeseed oil optional, it helps to separate the rice
- Your favorite vegetables cut into thin strips I use avocado, cucumber, carrot, and bell pepper
- Green onion
- Roasted black sesame seeds
- Cook the rice per the instructions from your rice cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan.
- Heat over medium-low heat and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Once the rice is finished cooking, pour the seasoning mixture into the rice and stir gently with a rice paddle until all grains of rice are separated and evenly coated.
- Let sit covered for 15 minutes (the rice will absorb any extra liquid during this time).
- Place sushi rice in the bottom of your bowl.
- Top with your favorite veggies, green onions, and sesame seeds.
*2 rice cups is measured using the measuring cup that accompanies your rice cooker. This is equivalent to 1 1/2 cups of uncooked rice using regular measuring cups.