This is a favorite dish of mine. It’s so easy to throw together and it’s a great way to go through extra veggies you have laying around. I find that it works best with leftover refrigerated rice, so I frequently make two nights worth of rice and eat this the second night. You can use any veggies in this dish, but this is my favorite combination.
Loaded Un-Fried Rice (Vegan, Gluten Free, Oil Free, Flour Free):
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 8 baby bok choy quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped Mayan squash zucchini also works
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 2 cups cooked rice cold
- 2 Tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Using a non-stick skillet, water sauté your veggies from hardest to softest by adding 1 Tablespoon of water at a time as needed.
- Start with your carrots and baby bok choy, then add your squash, onion, and bell pepper, and add in the corn and edamame at the end. This allows you to sauté everything in one pan and achieve even cooking.
- Once all veggies are sautéed and lightly browned, transfer to a plate or bowl.
- Heat your rice up in the non-stick skillet, adding small amounts of water as needed.
- Mix in the tamari or soy sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix veggies into the rice and serve.