These roasted crispy polenta potatoes are so incredibly delicious, they’re practically addicting. They do use a fair amount of oil, so I try to save these for special occasions. They’re absolutely perfect as a holiday side dish or for anytime you want to take your roasted potatoes to the next level. The smashed garlic cloves roast with the potatoes and make the very best bites – if you love garlic, I’d definitely think about adding way more cloves!
Have you tried this recipe? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments below!
Roasted Crispy Polenta Potatoes With Garlic and Rosemary (Vegan, Gluten Free):
- 5 medium russet potatoes quartered then halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup polenta dry
- 2 Tablespoons gluten free flour blend*
- 8 cloves garlic skin removed and smashed
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary leaves removed
- Salt and pepper to taste + salt for the boiling water
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Cover your baking sheet completely with aluminum foil and pour the 1/4 cup of grapeseed oil on the covered baking sheet. Place in oven and allow to heat with the oven.
- Place potato chunks in a large pot. Cover with cold water by 1”. Add salt to taste.
- Bring potatoes to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and return them to the large pot.
- Mix in polenta, gluten free flour, salt, and pepper until potatoes are completely coated.
- Stir in rosemary leaves and mashed garlic cloves.
- Carefully remove baking tray from the oven and very carefully transfer the coated potato mixture to the tray with hot oil. Stir the potatoes a little to coat them evenly in the oil. Be careful not to splatter the oil onto yourself.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip the potatoes.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
*I used Pamela’s gluten free flour blend. If you don’t want to use a store bought blend, the homemade mixture I would use is: 1 Tablespoon white rice flour, 1/2 Tablespoon potato starch, and 1/2 Tablespoon tapioca starch.