I grew up on burritos. They always have been, and always will be, one of my absolute favorite foods. I always looked forward to the weekends because it meant breakfast burrito time. These breakfast burritos are incredibly simple, but are still unbelievably delicious.
Have you tried this recipe? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments below!
Easy Breakfast Burritos (Vegan, Gluten Free):
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 block super firm tofu pressed between paper towels and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt plus more to salt the avocado
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans drained and rinsed if canned
- 2 Tablespoons salsa I prefer it with spicy salsa
- 2 8" gluten free tortillas
Heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the coconut oil once heated.
Add the crumbled tofu, granulated garlic, onion powder, and turmeric powder. Stir to evenly coat the tofu with oil and seasonings.
Saute for about 5 minutes, or until heated through, raw spice flavor is gone, and tofu is lightly golden brown and crispy at the edges. Remove from heat.
Mash the 1/2 avocado inside the skin using a fork.
Lay the two tortillas out. Fill each with half of the avocado (salt to taste), half of the black beans, half of the salsa, and half of the tofu scramble.
Roll into a burrito and serve.*
*If using a gluten free tortilla, it can be very hard to tuck the ends in to create a closed burrito. I serve it with the ends open because trying to tuck the ends in inevitably causes the tortilla to break.