My ultimate dinner is loads of chips topped with loads more of good stuff. This healthy loaded nachos recipe definitely fits that. So insanely delicious, these are the best nachos I’ve ever had. Your tastebuds will never believe that they’re healthy, promise.
A huge part of what makes these nachos so much healthier are the chips and the cheese sauce. It’s made using my Oil Free Lime Tortilla Chips and my Oil Free Nacho Cheese Sauce. They’re fantastic on their own and in this recipe. If you don’t have the ingredients on hand to make the nachos, I definitely recommend having the chips and dip together! It’s fantastic.
Have you tried this recipe? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments below!
Healthy Loaded Nachos (Vegan, Gluten Free, Oil Free):
- 1/2 block super firm pre-pressed tofu* shredded
- 1 packet taco seasoning** vegan and oil free
- 80 Oil Free Lime Tortilla Chips*** double the recipe
- 1 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 medium yellow onion diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes quartered then halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- 1 packed Tablespoon pickled jalapeno slices optional
- 1/2 cup Nacho Cheese Sauce****
- 1 packed Tablespoon fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/2 avocado scooped and cut into ½” pieces
- Pepperoncini optional, as topping
- Salt to taste
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Preheat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add in 1/4 cup water and the contents of your taco seasoning packet, stir to combine. Immediately add in the shredded tofu, stirring to coat evenly. Water saute, adding 1 Tablespoon of water at a time as necessary, until the tofu is heated through (about 3-5 minutes).
Arrange tortilla chips on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Top with black beans, seasoned tofu, and onions. Bake for 8 minutes, or until beans are heated through and onion is cooked.
Top with tomatoes, olives, and jalapenos.
Drizzle with nacho cheese sauce.
Top with cilantro, avocado, pepperoncini, and salt.