Since stumbling across the mini corn street taco tortillas at the grocery store, I’ve become completely obsessed. They make the perfect little tacos and I love filling them with tons of fresh ingredients. These ones are absolutely bursting with flavor. I adore the combination of the creamy avocado, the spicy pickled jalapeno, and the fresh radish and sprouts. It all comes together beautifully for a perfect bite.
Have you tried this recipe? Please let me know what you thought in the comments below!
Mini Tacos with Sprouts and Avocado (Vegan, Gluten Free, Oil Free):
- 1/4 medium yellow onion diced
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 5 mini corn tortillas 4.5” round tortillas
- 5 leaves chopped lettuce Butter, Bibb, or Boston lettuce
- 1/2 cup cooked beans black or pinto
- 1/2 avocado peeled and chopped
- 1 medium radish thinly sliced
- 3 cherry tomatoes quartered and then cut in half lengthwise
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon pickled jalapeno slices diced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh sprouts
- Fresh lime wedges optional, for topping
Start by tossing the diced onion with the fine sea salt and dried dill. Let rest for at least 10 minutes, or until you’re finished assembling the rest of the tacos. This creates a reaction in the onion and tones down the raw onion flavor.
Heat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Heat the tortillas on both sides, one at a time. Heat until the tortilla is just warm through and is more flexible.
To each tortilla, add 1/5 of each topping ingredient.
Sprinkle with fresh lime juice (if using), and serve.