Have you ever heard the saying that you eat with your eyes first? That’s why I love eating bright, colorful, beautiful food. This salad is a feast for your eyes before you even take a bite.
Kale is one of the most nutrient dense foods, and I love incorporating lots of it into my winter diet. It’s loaded with Vitamins (including Vitamin C for warding off those winter colds), Antioxidants, and Minerals.
Pro tip: If you don’t like raw kale (many people don’t), steam the kale for no more than 30 seconds first. You’ll know it’s steamed enough when it’s a bright green but hasn’t wilted substantially.
Have you tried this recipe? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments below!
Rainbow Kale Salad (Vegan, Gluten Free, Oil Free, Flour Free):
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 3 packed cups deveined and roughly chopped kale
- 3 clementines peeled
- 2 Tablespoon watermelon radish cut into ⅛” thick strips
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 6 cherry tomatoes quartered
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, rice vinegar, coconut aminos, lime juice, and water. Mix with a fork until completely combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the kale and dressing. Massage the dressing into the kale. This coats the kale evenly, marinates the kale in the dressing a bit, and helps break down the toughness of the raw kale.
- Add in the clementine pieces, watermelon radish, cucumber, and cherry tomatoes. Toss to combine.