Healthy Oil Free Basic Granola (Vegan, Gluten Free, Oil Free, Flour Free):
- 2 cups certified gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 Tablespoon ground cardamom or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2/3 cups chopped nuts I used pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl so that the oats are evenly coated.
- Pour the granola mixture onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Lightly press down on the granola with the back of a spatula.
- Bake for a total of 20-25 minutes (I bake it for 22 minutes).*
- At the halfway point, stir the granola and lightly press down on the granola with the back of a spatula.
- Once it’s finished cooking, let cool completely before breaking it up.
- Add in any additional fruit or chocolate at this point.**
*Keep a close eye on the granola in the last five minutes of baking to make sure it doesn’t burn.
**If you add any chocolate or dried fruit, do so after the baking process once the granola has cooled, this prevents the chocolate from melting and the fruit from burning.